I believe the sail boat can be analyzed because we have no idea what direction it is going. This can represent me in my college freshman year, I have no idea where this year will take me and what is going to happen as I travel onwards. It also can be applied to me because the journey looks to be calm without much turbulence in it, which is what I hope for in my years in college. I hope to have 4 successful years at college and not run into much trouble in the future, although it isn't guaranteed, I'm sure there will be some obstacles just like with the sail boat in its journey.
The train tracks can be analyzed as I'm still going on my journey towards starting my life and becoming an adult, my journey has just begun and has no definite ending such as the tracks in the picture. Even with the tracks having no definite beginning in the photo, can relate to me it is not guaranteed that I will continue on in my studies of communications, or if everything that I have learned in my past will exactly help me reach my expected future. The trees all around these tracks can represent my family, friends, and experiences that have helped me make it to this point time of my life and be the surrounding barrier that is keeping me on this track going forward towards my future.
The photo with the two pathways and the calm and somewhat turbulent water beneath it can represent how I'm not sure what path I will take in my future and if it will always be easy on my way forward. Both of the paths are mysterious, in which we can't tell what they are used for and who exactly uses it. This shows how I don't know what I want to do with my future just yet and what path I will want to take in certain situations. The water below represents how life is not predictable, we will never know where life will take us and how things will be. It also shows how sometimes there will be a struggle, but in the end everything will settle down and fall right into place.
The photo of the high tower with the eagle represents how I want to rise up to success and be that eagle that is on top of the tower. It is above everything on the ground which can represent how someone has risen above all and taken down every obstacle that was in their path. The eagle on top of the tower represents to me success and courage. It takes courage to be the person to make it to the top and take on any obstacle in your way. The spread out wings to me represent how I have gone away from my hometown and family to learn and become independent. This eagle and tower to me represent becoming independent and successful no matter what gets in your way.
The idea and theme that seems to come up the most is the uncertainty about the future and the want to be successful no matter what I face and what will happen because I will take down any obstacle that comes in my way.
The photo that I believe can be used as a self portrait can be the train tracks or the two pathways. I believe the tracks and trees around show how I am traveling towards my future without any certainty about where I am going to go, but that with the support of those around me, I will make it to where I need to go. The pathways can be used also because I'm not sure what path I will take and where the two paths go, but no matter what happens I will make it to where I want to go despite any difficulties.
Wow, a fairly thorough analysis here--good job. I agree that I see a lot of similar themes in the photos---journey, travel, motion--but also, curiously, stability (with 2 statues)....
ReplyDeleteI particularly like how the train tracks are shot--up and down: they seem flattened out and to proceed out of sight.... [also through darkness and light]
One warning I have as you start your analysis: make sure not say "traintracks=future"... rather, spend some time analyzing how the photo works--its details--and draw from that an interpretation as to how it works to represent how you see the world.